Saturday, March 28, 2009

stoney stoney high



Today was a magical day.  First wake up, toke a bit.  I made some pretty kick ass mexican style rice this morning for lunch.  Next stop, Bagel Oasis.  Bagel joints are no joke, they seem to have the same feel as a coffee shop except with edibles not drinkables.  Mimi hooked it up with a weeks worth of bagels and cream cheeses.  After she got out of work we went to Snowqualme Falls.  Traffic was an utter nightmare and believe me it puts Atlanta traffic to shame. 

Not even a mile away I get pulled over by a cop for doing like 56 in a 40.  I see that she pulls a u-turn so I ditch a joint that I rolled earlier.  Dumb move.  Anyways she pulls me over and is real cool, starts asking me about Atlanta and asking if I like the northwest yet, yada yada yada...So she runs my licence just to check on me and no shit- I have a suspended licence.  Oh well she says she told me to get out and let someone else drive away and she shrugged her shoulders.  Then she says " is there any pot in the car?" I say no maam not at all.  She goes, " well its not like you would tell me truth anyways" and laughs it off.  

So we got to the falls and let me tell you one quick thing, it was my first time ever seeing a water fall and it kinda took me back a little bit.  This thing dropped 236 feet that is 100 feet higher than Niagara Falls.  We hiked all the way down all the way through  very dense old forest with tall trees and moss growing on them.  We went exploring around the rocks next to the water fall and took a lot of funny pictures, check them out below.  At least we still had one joint when we got to the water fall.

So then we went to see Black Mountain at Neumos tonight.  This band bridges the gap between old Pink Floyd a little bit of The Beattles trippier sounds and Jefferson Starship/Airplane.  Go check them out.  Im talking 15 minute jams and crazy solos and this girl that has unbelievable control over her voice and her pitch.  

BUT CHECK THIS OUT:
Brand New had to cancel the show in Alaska tomorrow and instead they are playing an acoustic show tomorrow at 4:00pm.  I bought a ticket tonight and I am stoked as all hell to finally get o see Brand New in some sort of a fashion.  

Music:

Black Mountain - In The Future
Anthony Green - Avalon
Cave In - Perfect Pitch Black



Im finally out where I belong.

No comments:

Post a Comment