Wednesday, March 18, 2009

New is happening

Creation of this blog has been debated for quite some time and I figured I would finally create one once I had found myself settled in for the long haul in Seattle.  So far everything is working out the way it is supposed to, but if I didn't like the outcome does that mean it still ended up the way it was supposed to?  

Seattle is a wonderful city.  Everyone seems like they are welcoming me with open-arms and it is greatly appreciated.  I am still working my same job, but to tell the whole truth I can't see myself promoting the false sense of security and good will that you have when you are stuck working a "9 to 5".  Not saying that it isn't a good gig, which it most certainly is, but I just don't think that it is a road that I could take and get any sort of self gratification out of.  Call me selfish but I don't care at the end of the day if I am making anyone happy out here.  I made this move for me and me alone.  It is hard to say that knowing how long I have worked and all that I have invested in working for this company ( "company" is used in place of the true name of the company I work for ).  I don't know, maybe it is just time to finally get that out of my life just like everything else that was more like clouds in the sky blocking the light that is demanding to be seen.  

That just made me think about Light, the next album by Irreversible and it made me realize how much I miss my friends in the band and everyone else that is connected within our circle that I commonly refer to as IRR.  I see the band as everyone that I know that goes to the Land Trust, to practices, to the dinners I miss so much to everyday people that come into contact with one of us.  Irreversible is more than a band to me, its a communal common-ground that no matter what anyone says is more powerful than that of any single thought that you or I single handedly have because of the collective consciousness that goes into the creation of the sound.  I can't wait to go home and sit on that couch and watch them practice or here the recordings or go to a show.  I would love to find a way to get home on the first to go to the show so hopefully that may happen.  Basically all of that adds up to:
Listen to Irreversible
Go to this blog:  http://www.readirreversible.blogspot.com
Go outside, do something
Don't settle for what is easy to see
Find a few good friends
A few is all you really need


I've been trying to read on my spare time and at work on lunch.  I finally found "Breaking Open The Head" by Daniel Pinchbeck the other day and I have read about a chapter and a half into it.  I case you didn't know, Daniel Pinchbeck has experienced and written about very personal encounters with the Bwiti tribe of West Africa and the sacred psychedelic powers of iboga.  I am always finding myself trying to pickup another book and read it at the same time as I am attempting to read another book.  I think finally I will be able to sit down and fall into this book the same way as I did with DMT: The Sprit Molecule.  That book radically changed my understanding of what reality truly is, and how to attempt to prepare for it.  I highly suggest it as a read, even if you would just like to read about some truly undeniably truthful connections with other worldly beings, places and things.  

Each time a come to a closing part of my entries I will leave you with some of the music I find myself listening to.  I have really found a lot of time to find some good music since I'm all out here on my own for the most part.  So until next time listen to this music, if you can find it.


Playlist:

Kevin Devine & The Goddamn Band - Brother's Blood       ( Not out yet )
Norma Jean - The Anti-Mother
The Hope Conspiracy - New Song Out On Deathwish Sampler
Portugal The Man - Censored Colors

No comments:

Post a Comment