Sunday, March 29, 2009

I bought a bride

Yesterday was one of those days that you will look back on in two years and say to yourself, "holy shit that was fucking cool."

The other night Black Mountain played here in Seattle and I am sure that is all I have to say.  This band is incredible and needs to be heard by Y-O-U.  Think of Pink Floyd's "Atom Heart Mother" meets Jefferson Airplane.  I love it.

Brand New played an acoustic set yesterday for about 2 hours at Neumo's in Seattle.  I managed to buy a ticket the night before at a bar and I wound up being in the second row, dead center.  I have never been able to see Brand New for some reason or another and finally after a few years it kinda came true.  Jesse and Vinnie were on stage taking requests and playing new songs as well as old songs, both acoustic, which was a great treat.  Both of them had to have been stoned or tripped out because it was a free for all up there.  Jesse kept forgetting lyrics, Vinnie kept forgetting his parts and then just when you thought they had their shit together, both of them forget the whole song.  All in all, it was a one off show.  I must say, if you have never seen Jesse Lacey play acoustic guitar get your ass out to the next solo tour and check it out.  It was incredible to hear him sing Jesus and Degausser over a guitar with no effects or drums.  I must say that I think I now understand why Jesse has that demeanor that you always see him have.  I have been listening to Brand New for four years now, and never have any of the songs sounded or seemed so personal to me.  Maybe it was the fact I was blazed out of my head, but never the less I will be able to put that in my top five shows of all time.  

Afterwards Mimi and her co-worker Chris (which is a cool dude and reminds me of all my friends back home and I may start a Drone metal band with) and I went out to a bar for a cheap pitcher and found this neat little hole in the wall underground bar that had the feel of the Clairmont Lounge in Atlanta and El Mir in Atlanta. All the members of These Arms Are Snakes Work there so that is an obvious plus for me.  Afterwards we all wound up walking around Downtown and found another sweet spot to chill and grub.  Pardon me but I forgot the restaurants name but to put the atmosphere into words think of:  Amsterdam meets a Train Car.  Each of the tables was its own nook and they all had curtains that you draw for privacy and cheap good food.  Everything had either Blue Cheese and or Hummus on it.  HEAVEN!

Anyways, back to normal work week.  This weekend was very special to me and magical.  I just cooked a very nice Italian Stew and it is ready to be consumed.  I wish I were back in Atlanta to see my friends.  Miss you dudes.

Music:

Black Mountain - In The Future
Brand New - Two new songs ( They are on YouTube just google Brand New Seattle )
Russian Circles - Enter



Brand New - Gasoline ( New Song First Time Played Live )

No comments:

Post a Comment